Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vintage Rolex 6204 Project Watch

Vintage Rolex 6204 Project Watch 3 months 3 weeks ago #4871

Here is the watch:

Not sure about the case back... I have seen two different styles... Not sure which is correct or if both are correct.

I am adding a couple of pics to show what I mean

Not sure what to think.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vintage Rolex 6204 Project Watch 3 months 3 weeks ago #4872

Dial is everything. This dial and hands are refinished and no bezel. Would take thousands to get those right and it still wouldn't be original... And how do you find someone with a 6204 who wants to sell his dial? I don't like it. Smash this junk!

Vintage Rolex 6204 Project Watch 3 months 3 weeks ago #4873

In my opinion if the case is genuine and the movement is genuine on a vintage piece, then sometimes the only option due to deterioration/abuse is to replace the dial and hands. I am ok with this watch. NOT reported.

It seems to be okay for people to put a custom dial and bezel on a new Rolex. How is this any different? I realize that it is a "refinished" dial, but I don't know enough to be able to tell a good refinished dial from a fake dial. I have seen some horribly refinished dials out there that are obvious refinishes because there is no way that anyone would manufacture such a poor quality looking dial - hand painted text, logo, etc. - Nobody seems to have a problem with those being out there.

The seller has a good reputation. I think you can assume the description is accurate.

Vintage Rolex 6204 Project Watch 3 months 3 weeks ago #4874

I don't like it. Printing the Rolex logo on a dial is trademark infringement. I don't care if you're a dial refinisher. It is against the law to have tooling and equipment to produce someone else's logo without their permission. I believe it should be reported, so I am reporting it.

Dark Knight
Hunting fake watches
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds